Converting a stationary workplace to a mobile workstation and picking trolley is the easiest, most economical way to increase productivity of your current workers and infrastructure.
The Newcastle Systems Mobile Workplace and Portable Power Systems lets you take your warehouse and order picking trolley wherever they are needed.
Benefits of the Warehouse and Order Picking Trolley include:
A Mobile Workplace System means you can process the same transactions with fewer pieces of equipment (i.e. printers, computers, etc.) by converting to mobile picking trolley.
Quickly obtain measurable productivity gains without months of planning and implementation. Picking trolleys are delivered and can be on the floor the same day.
The Portable Power System allows you to fully leverage your wireless facility by cutting the power cords and letting your picking cart move to where they are needed – with your people. Datanet can assist in providing Wireless Surveys and support ensuring that you are connecting from every position on the warehouse floor.
Operators and managers now have access to data and real-time information anywhere in the facility because they can take their picking cart with them.
No Additional Purchases
Mobile picking carts easily integrate with your existing hardware and software systems, eliminating the need for additional investment or equipment purchases.
Newcastle Systems Customers
Newcastle Systems is proud to be associated with some of the biggest names in the warehousing and distribution, manufacturing and retail business sectors.
- Cardinal Health
- Mercedes Benz
- MSC Industrial Supply
- Ross Stores
- The Home Depot
- UPS Supply Chain Solutions
With thousands of installations worldwide, the Mobile Workplace and Portable Power Systems have proven to increase productivity in a wide variety of workplaces. The most popular workplaces include:
Picking Trolleys for Warehouses and Distribution Centers
Maximizing supply chain efficiencies are on-going goals of progressive organizations. Warehouse picking trolleys deployed in a wireless facility can help support ERP and WMS systems to achieve optimal productivity.
- Incoming inspection and labeling
- Inventory control/cycle counting
- Order fulfillment and picking
- Outbound labeling
Picking Trolleys for Manufacturing Facilities
Warehouse picking carts support lean manufacturing principles that require greater operational flexibility. They excel in a manufacturing environment for tasks such as:
- Quality control/assurance
- Lot and batch traceability
- Mobile supervisor station
- Visual work instruction
- Material replenishment
- Finished goods labeling and much more
Picking Carts for Retail Floors
Performing tasks at the point of activity saves time, improves accuracy and keeps sales personnel on the floor, ready to help your customers.
- Shelf labeling, tag and sign printing
- Inventory management
- Line busting
- Mobile POS “point of sale” station
- Portable power for garden centers, sidewalk sales, concerts and more
Mobile Powered Carts are proven productivity solutions in other workplaces such as: health care, education, government agencies and many more.
- Health care: Mobile patient charting
- Education: Portable power for AV equipment, mobile registration or orientation
- Government: Mobile station for explosive detection equipment (TSA)
Mobile Workplace Systems
Newcastle Systems is committed to providing innovative solutions that help make auto-ID technology and other hardware more mobile and information more readily available across an entire enterprise.
The full line of wireless carts with integrated power supplies are designed to transport and power high-volume barcode printers, laptops, PCs, scales, dimensioning stations and other electronic equipment for 8 – 12+ hours at a time, or 24/7 operation.
Create Your Own Mobile Station
An on-demand label printing / PC station provides a simple way to implement mobility in your facility.
A popular configuration consists of:
- Your high-volume label printer
- Your iPad, laptop or PC/LCD with WMS, ERP, MES, etc.
- A mobile powered cart
Eliminate costly footsteps, improve accuracy and increase productivity immediately!
Mobile Cart Key Benefits
- Eliminate costly footsteps
- Print on-demand and reduce costly mislabeling errors
- Continuous full screen access to real-time information
- See your ROI in about 4-6 months
NB and PC Series come standard with (one) adjustable shelf, locking casters, push handles, waste basket and holder, integrated power system, built-in power strip and cord reel holder. EC Series come standard with top shelf, locking casters, push handles, waste basket and holder, integrated power system, power strip and cord reel holder.
(NEW!) Atlas Systems
Mobile Dimensioning Stations
The Atlas Series Mobile Dimensioning Stations were designed to enable quick and accurate dimensioning directly at your product location. The rugged Atlas Series holds and powers the QubeVu DimStation and other hardware including scales, laptops/thin clients, and printers up to 12+ hours at a time or 24/7 operation.
- Enhance speed & data capture for the optimization of ware- house space, trailer/truckloads & identifying best packaging solutions
- Decrease shipping charges & costly charge backs
- Increase productivity up to 50% by eliminating costly motion, touches & transportation waste
- Reduce operator fatigue & potential injury as carrying/moving parcels to fixed station is eliminated
Picking is the most labor intensive and error prone process in the warehouse. Newcastle offers a solution that is ideal for single line items, batch order picking, manual and RF picking as well as “Pick & Pack”.
The PowerPick Station is a lightweight aluminum cart with 8 hours of on-board power for your small printer, scanner and tablet.
- Pick, pack & label directly to the cart and improve productivity by more than 50%
- Reduce cost per pick & increase order accuracy
- Pick-to-light option now available
(NEW!) Power Swap Nucleus
Lithium Power System
The PowerSwap Nucleus enables productivity to happen by providing power to devices such as a laptop, tablet, printer, scanner and more for 8+ hours at a time.
Once the battery charge is depleted, simply swap it with a fully charged one in a matter of seconds enabling a 24/7 operation. No tools or heavy lifting required.
- FIRST lithium iron phosphate power pack designed for industrial environments with safety in mind
- Each 36 AH battery pack supports up to 460 watt hours and weighs only 11 lbs.
- Extremely robust: 5-7 years’ battery life or 3,000 cycles making it a great investment
- The complete system consists of: 1-4 battery packs, power docking station and a battery charging station
- Integrates with NB, PC, Apex or Atlas Series or your own cart
Power Pack Series
PowerPack Mega Series and PowerPack Ultra Series
The sturdy PowerPack Mega is ideal for powering computers, printers, POS systems, scales, testers and any other electronic hardware for 12+ hours, while the lightweight PowerPack Ultra Series is designed for smaller power requirements such as a lap- top or small barcode printer. It is designed to run 6-8 hours on a charge.
- Quiet, seamless AC power where and when you need it
- Eliminate the need for noisy generators or extension cords
- At the end of shift or use, simply plug the unit into a standard wall outlet to recharge
Accessories for Newcastle Systems Picking Trolley
Newcastle Systems’ growing line of modular accessories enables you to customize powered picking carts to suit your specific needs. Cart accessories provide benefits such as increased ergonomics, organization, convenience, security and flexibility.
The currently available accessories are following:
- Lockable 3” Drawer for NB & PC Series
- Binder Holder for NB, PC & Atlas Series
- Bubble Wrap Holder for PC Series
- Desk Organizer for NB & PC Series
- Scanner Holder for EC, NB, Apex & Atlas Series
- Label Holder for NB & PC Series
- Keyboard Drawer for EC, NB, PC & Apex Series
- Safety Light for NB & PC Series
- Slide-Out Printer Tray for EC, NB & PC Series
- Small Printer Tray for NB, PC & Atlas Series
- Single & Dual Monitor Mount & 30’’ Pole for EC, NB, PC, Apex & Atlas Series
- Folding Shelf for EC, PC & Atlas Series
Easily identify hidden causes of waste with the MotionMeter App
MotionMeter by Newcastle Systems is a free user-friendly app (available for both Apple and Android devices) that enables you to quickly perform your own time studies by capturing the time of core processes within your business. It can help you identify which step of the process is NECESSARY (Value Add) or WASTE (non-Value Add). It’s also an ideal tool to capture data of specific steps (or tasks) in lieu of performing a full-scale process time study.
From there, a comprehensive overview will outline how much the wasted motion is costing your business and how much you could save annually if that motion is eliminated. Learn more and download the free app at: www.newcastlesys.com/motionmeter.